Before You Begin
- Please read through the entire process once to make sure you understand all of the steps.
- The process for installation and screenshots may differ slightly as changes are always being made by Microsoft.
- It is highly suggested that you begin this process where high speed internet access is available. The installation process requires that about 900MB of setup files are downloaded to your local machine and this could take a VERY long time over a slow connection.
- There are two methods to installing Office 365, we recommend using the first method because it is much faster over the wireless network. However if you run into problems, please use the second method.
First Method (Recommended)
Second Method (Not recommended over campus wifi)
Over the campus wireless network, this can take as long as one hour, maybe more, therefore we recommend that you complete this procedure from home. If that is not an option for you, please contact the IT Department for assistance.
- Go to http://portal.office.com and logon with your student email and MyEMCC password
- Once logged in, click the orange box install in the bottom right corner. You might also want to uncheck the two boxes above.
- You will receive a popup prompting you to download a file. Check the Save File radio button, then click Save File
- When the download is finished, go to your downloads directory, find the file, and double-click it.
Then click Run to begin the installation process.
- Office will begin downloading the necessary files and setting up the software.
- Depending on the speed of your internet connection, you may see this screen.
As stated above, the install process needs to download about 900MB of data, which
may take a very long time over a slow connection.
- The next step is to accept the EULA and sign in to Office365, which essentially activates your copy.
- Type your EMCC student email address in the box provided, then click next and enter your password.
- Then click next at the OneDrive screen, choose your background, and take a quick tour if you wish. The click All Done at the last screen.
- That is it, Office 365 is installed and ready to go. Click your Start button, then All Programs and find the item labeled Microsoft Office 2013. Congratulations on your new, free office software.