- Go to https://my.emcc.edu/ics/ or type in portal.emcc.edu
- Go to the EMCC Campus Password Reset located on the MyEMCC Home page.
- Enter in your Student ID. If you do not know your Student ID, see “How do I find my Student ID number?”
- Answer a set of Identity Questions. If you do not have a Social Security Number, please enter 0000.
- Choose a new password that is at least 8, but no more than 12, characters long, contains a minimum of one number and one uppercase letter. You will know you have chosen a valid password when ALL of the text to the right turns green and the Set Password button is displayed. Click Set Password. This password will be used for all of your campus logins including MyEMCC, Student Email, RAVE, on-campus computer and wireless access.
The short answer is that your password expires for your security. In order to provide a method in which you can use a single password for all of your EMCC services such as Email, Computer/Wireless Access, MyEMCC, and Rave, that password must adhere to all the policies of each service. One such policy is that passwords need to be changed every 180 days.
- Click on the wireless icon in your notification area.
- Choose EMCC, then click connect.
- Wait for your laptop to connect to the wireless network.
- You should then see the icon change to look like one of the pictures below.
- If you see the icon to the left, you should be all set. If you see the icon to the right, you still need to authenticate to the wireless network. Open up either Internet Explorer or Firefox. (Chrome is NOT recommended for authentication to the EMCC wireless network) You should be presented with the logon screen below. Enter your full student email address and you password then click continue.
- You should now be authenticated to the wireless network and able to surf the internet.
While the speed of the internet for students is usually negligible for applications like e-mail, web browsing, and instant messaging, you are likely to notice a significant difference when viewing or transferring large files, or when using streaming sites such as YouTube or Netflix.There could be many reasons for this. Here are a few:
- Since the student wireless/dorm network is shared network, its data transfer capability depends on how many users are using the same access point. The larger the number of people using the same access point/network connection, the slower the performance of the internet.
- If you are far away from an access point, you will experience slower download rates. (If you are in any of the buildings on campus, the distance from an access point would not typically be an issue)
- Like any radio signal, wireless networks are vulnerable to interference from certain obstacles and other radio devices – such as microwave ovens, cordless phones, building walls, or even a person walking by.
- Excessive streaming and peer-to-peer file sharing applications can also contribute to slow network performance.
If you do not remember your student ID number, or you never received one, please call the IT Department at: 974-4678.
If it is an immediate issue, please call the IT Help Desk at 974-4678. Otherwise, please fill out a work order: https://helpdesk.emcc.edu/form/