Below are the instructions you will need to forward all of your email to another email account. Please be advised that email sent directly from your student email account will never be blocked by our spam filter. However, email sent from personal accounts such as gmail, yahoo, hotmail, especially those with attachments, can be blocked by the spam filter at any time. It is the students responsibility to make sure faculty/staff have received your correspondence. Therefore, it is highly advised that you send all your correspondence using your EMCC email account.
- Go to http://portal.office.com
- Logon with your email address and password.
- Click the Mail tile. If you do not see the Mail tile click the grid at the top left of your screen to see the tiles.
- Click the gear on the top left of your screen, then click options.
- Underneath Mail -> Accounts, click on Forwarding. Enter the email address you would like to forward all of your email to. It is also recommended that you check the box that says Keep a copy of forwarded messages…
- Once complete any email sent to your student email account should now show up in the Inbox of your personal email.
- Open the Pages file you want to convert / save to Word format into the Pages app for OS X
- Go to the “File” menu and choose “Export To”, then select “Word” from the submenu list
- At the “Export Your Document” screen and under the ‘Word’ tab, click the triangle next to ‘Advanced Options’
- Select the appropriate Word file format to use: “.docx” for compatibility with the newest versions of Microsoft Office and Word, or “.doc” for greater compatibility with older versions of Word – then click “Next”
- Give the new Word file a name as usual, select a destination to save the file to, and choose “Export”
OneDrive Cloud Storage for Students
OneDrive is a place where you can store, sync, and share your student files. As part of Office 365, OneDrive lets you update and share your files from anywhere and work on Office documents with others at the same time.
Begin by going to your EMCC email.
Sign in with your EMCC email login.
Click “One Drive”
This is what your OneDrive Cloud will look like.
Sync will make a local copy on your PC. Only do this on your personal computer. Don’t Sync on a college lab computer.
Alternative way to use OneDrive
While you are writing a paper in Word, you can save the file directly to your OneDrive.
Go to “File” and check “Account” to ensure that you are already signed in. If you aren’t, go ahead and sign in with your EMCC email and password.
Now select “OneDrive Eastern Maine Community College” and “Browse” recent files.
Anything you save in this folder using this alternative method will be saved to the OneDrive Cloud. You can access it from any computer as long as you sign in with your EMCC student email account and perform the steps outlined in this tutorial.
Before You Begin
- Please read through the entire process once to make sure you understand all of the steps.
- It is highly suggested that you begin this process where high speed internet access is available. The installation process requires that about 900MB of setup files are downloaded to your local machine and this could take a VERY long time over a slow connection.
- There are two methods to installing Office 365, we recommend using the first method because it is much faster over the wireless network. However if you run into problems, please use the second method.
First Method (Recommended)
Second Method (Not recommended over campus wifi)
Over the campus wireless network, this can take as long as one hour, maybe more, therefore we recommend that you complete this procedure from home. If that is not an option for you, please contact the IT Department for assistance.
- Go to http://portal.office.com and logon with your student email and MyEMCC password
- Once logged in, click the orange box install in the bottom right corner. You might also want to uncheck the two boxes above.
- You will receive a popup prompting you to download a file. Check the Save File radio button, then click Save File
- When the download is finished, go to your downloads directory, find the file, and double-click it.
Then click Run to begin the installation process.
- Office will begin downloading the necessary files and setting up the software.
- Depending on the speed of your internet connection, you may see this screen.
As stated above, the install process needs to download about 900MB of data, which
may take a very long time over a slow connection.
- The next step is to accept the EULA and sign in to Office365, which essentially activates your copy.
- Type your EMCC student email address in the box provided, then click next and enter your password.
- Then click next at the OneDrive screen, choose your background, and take a quick tour if you wish. The click All Done at the last screen.
- That is it, Office 365 is installed and ready to go. Click your Start button, then All Programs and find the item labeled Microsoft Office 2013. Congratulations on your new, free office software.