How to email your instructor.
If you already know your instructors name for example, Robert Smith, it would be firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can email them directly through Elearning.
Login to MyEmcc.
Go to your course:
Your instructor is highlighted in yellow. Checkbox them.
Click “Email Selected Members” at the bottom of the page.
- Do you have Outlook for Android installed on your device?
- If it’s not installed on your device, download Outlook for Android from the Google Play Store. Open the app. If you want an introduction, tap Product Tour, or tap, Get Started.
- If it is installed on your device, open the app, and then tap tap the navigation control at the bottom of your device, or tap More > Settings > Add Account.
- On the Add An Account page, select the mail account you want to add:
- Tap Exchange.
- Enter your full email address, for example email@example.com, type your password, and then tap Sign in.
- The account will be added, and Outlook for Android will begin to sync to the email account.
To learn more about using Outlook for Android, tap the navigation control at the bottom of your device, or tap More > Help. Or, use your browser and go to Frequently asked questions about Outlook for iOS and Android.
Set up email using the Android mail app
- Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Email. This application might be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Type your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, type your password, and then tap Next.
- Select Exchange.
- If prompted, accept the defaults on the Exchange server settings page, and tap Next. If your device can’t connect, enter the following account information, and then select Next.
- Domain\Username Type your full email address in this box, for example, email@example.com. If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty, and type your full email address in the Username box.
- Password Use the password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server Use the address of your Exchange server. If you aren’t sure what your server address is, check with your administrator. The server for Office 365 for is m.outlook.com
- Depending how your Exchange administrator set up your account, you might receive a message about additional security features. Select OK to continue.
- As soon as the device verifies the server settings, the Account Options page opens. Select the options for how you want to receive your mail, and then tap Next. (You may need to scroll down to see Next.)
- If you see Activate device administrator? page, select Activate.
- Give the account a name, and then tap Done.
Tip You might need to wait ten to fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive email.
Please note your EMCC email address is not created until you have fulfilled all open requirements with Admissions. Please see “How to check my open requirements?” and/or the enrollment checklist for details.
If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please contact the Admissions Office at 974-4680.
Signing into your email:
- Go to https://login.microsoftonline.com/
- Logon using your full student email address firstname.lastname@example.org and the password you setup using these instructions
- You will be asked to set your time zone the first time you login.
- Welcome to your EMCC email account.
IMPORTANT: Instructors will only use your EMCC email address for official correspondence regarding your classes. It is your responsibility to make sure your email is functioning properly before classes begin. Please contact the IT Department at the 974-4678 should you have any problems that need to be addressed.
Below are the instructions you will need to forward all of your email to another email account. Please be advised that email sent directly from your student email account will never be blocked by our spam filter. However, email sent from personal accounts such as gmail, yahoo, hotmail, especially those with attachments, can be blocked by the spam filter at any time. It is the students responsibility to make sure faculty/staff have received your correspondence. Therefore, it is highly advised that you send all your correspondence using your EMCC email account.
- Go to http://portal.office.com
- Logon with your email address and password.
- Click the Mail tile. If you do not see the Mail tile click the grid at the top left of your screen to see the tiles.
- Click the gear on the top left of your screen, then click options.
- Underneath Mail -> Accounts, click on Forwarding. Enter the email address you would like to forward all of your email to. It is also recommended that you check the box that says Keep a copy of forwarded messages…
- Once complete any email sent to your student email account should now show up in the Inbox of your personal email.